Home Landscape Design — Honoring Plants, Place, and Spirit
Overlooking the Clark Fork River, near Dixon MT.
I have recently moved my office to Dixon MT, a small town in easy reach of Missoula on the Clark Fork River, in the Rockies. Besides learning about a new plant palette, I’m discovering how to meet the challenges of gardening in the Rockies and create gardens that survive the winters here (and the deer and gophers and squirrels and…) One question in particular in on my mind when I look at gardens: How do you design a garden that holds its visual interested even under several inches of snow?
To my readers in Southern California, I’ll continue to offer consultations and plant lists, and visits on site if requested. (Keep an eye on my notifications to catch me when my video conferencing is set up.)
For my new gardening friends in Montana, although I am now working in such a different environment, my “eyeball” is still good, and I brought my design passion and experience that brought me awards in Southern California.
It’s my mission to faithfully translate, with respect and fondness for my client’s dreams, their needs and visions into an inviting, harmonious outdoor living space. I carefully guide my clients to express themselves in a unique garden environment that is sustainable and comfortable.
With a passion for plants, I design colorful landscapes with an emphasis on water conservation and sustainability, with unfussy, exceptional plants that thrive in our environment and that make the landscape come to life.
- 20 years in landscape design. View My Portfolio
- Gardens of the Year Award 2013, San Diego Home Garden Lifestyles Magazine.
- Certificates in Landscape Design and Ornamental Horticulture from Cuyamaca College, El Cajon/CA.
- Hands-on training at several local nurseries and with licensed, award-winning landscape contractors.
- I bring a unique cultural sensitivity to the art of landscape design that is impressed by the experience of living and gardening in France, Germany, Southern California and now southwest Montana/Missoula area).
- Landscape consultant at the Water Conservation Garden in El Cajon, CA
- Presentations, talks and workshops on landscape and design related topics to interested groups around San Diego and Missoula (talk on the basics of home landscape design at the Blue Sky Stewardship.)
APLD Association of Professional Landscape Designers
CLCA California Landscape Contractors Association
CNPS California Native Plant Society
NAPWL National Association of Professional Women in Landscape
Phone me, and if I’m with a client please leave a message so I can get back to you quickly.
Christiane Holmquist Landscape Design