Home Landscape Design – Honoring Plants, Place and Spirit
Living with periodic drought in California, I am particularly aware of the delicate balance needed to create a sustainable landscape design that is attractive and that will thrive in our region. However, beauty and conservation can go hand-in-hand, and the best and strongest gardens are those that utilize plants best-suited for the natural environment.
These main forces motivate my work:
- With respect and fondness I translate the unique needs and desires of each client’s dreams into inviting, relaxing outdoor living spaces.
- With a love for this art, I create outdoor spaces which you’ll enjoy spending time in.
- With a passion for plants I design colorful drought resistant landscapes with unfussy low maintenance plants that thrive in the California environment and that you will enjoy for many years.
When plants are accorded proper attention and space, they can create an emotionally resonant space. After all, a garden is meant to engage beauty and to nurture a person’s deep accord with the natural world. A landscape without plants isn’t a garden at all.
- Garden of the Year Award 2013, San Diego Home Garden Lifestyles Magazine.
- California certificates in Landscape Design and Ornamental Horticulture from Cuyamaca College, El Cajon/CA.
- Hands-on training at several local nurseries and with licensed, award-winning landscape contractors.
- 15 years of landscape design. View My Portfolio
- A unique design methodology and style from living and working in many different places (Loire Valley/France, Frankfurt/Germany and Southern California).
- Landscape consultant at the Water Conservation Garden in El Cajon/CA where I help visitors develop and fine-tune their own landscape design ideas.
- I also give presentations and workshops on landscape- and design-related topics to groups all around San Diego.
CLCA California Landscape Contractors Association
CNPS, California Native Plant Society
NAPWL National Association of Professional Women in Landscape