Home Landscape Design — Honoring Plants, Place, and Spirit
It’s my mission to faithfully translate, with respect and fondness for my client’s dreams, their needs and visions into an inviting, harmonious outdoor living space. I carefully guide my clients to express themselves in a unique garden environment that is durable and comfortable.
With a passion for plants, I design colorful landscapes with an emphasis on water conservation and sustainability, with unfussy yet exceptional plants that thrive in our Montana gardening zone and that make the landscape come to life.
A couple of years ago I moved my practice to Dixon MT, a small town in the Flathead Valley nearby Missoula, in the Rocky Mountains. Being in the mountains means discovering how to create gardens that survive the winters here (and the deer and gophers and squirrels and…)
But this is not only about learning what grows in the Rockies: When observing wintry landscapes here I’m well aware that it’s even more important to create Montana landscape designs that hold their visual appeal even when covered by several inches of snow. And that’s what I’m passionate about and want to help you achieve.
It’s with gratitude and a bit of sadness that I’m saying Good-Bye to my gardening friends in California. And it’s with excitement and gladness that I’m saying ‘Hello’ to my new Montana gardening partners! I arrived from quite a different environment, but I came with my design passion, sensitivity, and experience that brought me awards in Southern California. I look forward to working with you and to helping you articulate your ideas, to interpreting them and transforming them into reality, so you are thrilled every time you come into your garden.
- 20 years in landscape design. View My Portfolio
- Hands-on training at several nurseries and with licensed, award-winning landscape contractors.
- Certificate in Landscape Design and Ornamental Horticulture.
- I bring a unique cultural sensitivity to the art of landscape design that is impressed by the experience of living and gardening in MT/Missoula area as well as Southern California, France & Germany.
- Gardens of the Year Award 2013, San Diego Home Garden Lifestyles Magazine.
- Presentations, talks, and workshops on landscape and design related topics to interested groups around Missoula (talk on the basics of home landscape design at the Blue Sky Stewardship) and various garden clubs in Southern California.
MNLA Montana Nursery & Landscape Association
MNPS Montana Native Plant Society
Call me, and please leave a message if I’m with a client so I can get back to you quickly.
Christiane Holmquist Landscape Design
Thank you to the judges who selected me as the winner of the 2013 Annual Gardens of the Year Award. I appreciate their acknowledgment of excellence on a project that I enjoyed so much.